9 months: now baby has spent as much time in your belly as outside! His dental flares can make him grumpy, but your baby is still curious to discover new experiences. According to its evolution, you will be able to make it discover the joys of juicy fruits and tender vegetables in small pieces.
9-Month-Old Baby’s Meals
At the age of 9 months, baby knows how to chew better and better: even if you still offer him mashed potatoes, you have started to introduce crushed or ground foods. If you feel ready, you can start integrating the food in small pieces, while always remaining vigilant and close by.
Food diversification is short, with 4 meals per day, including 2 meals taken with a spoon per day, in addition to the fruit of the snack and 2 bottles-unless you continue to breastfeed your baby, of course.
So, whether in terms of the number of meals a day or their composition, your baby’s diet is really starting to approach that of older adults: he eats at very regular hours with a snack in addition to the three main meals a day and eats almost everything.
As for the quantities, the meals with the spoon are starting to be copious enough and you will always adapt the volume of the food to your baby’s appetite, without ever forcing it: like the adults, it may be some days less hungry and that should not worry you. And if he’s sulking at food, don’t insist: just give him the same food a few days later
Milk In The 9-Month-Old Baby
At 9 months, a baby was to continue to drink nearly half a liter of breast milk or second-age milk per day with 2 bottles of 210 to 240 ml of milk per day. But some babies don’t want a bottle. In this case.
several tips can help you deal with the situation:
- Start the meal with a bottle before presenting solid foods
- Add cereal in the morning and evening bottle to change the taste. At lunchtime, you will opt for a milk dairy with infantile milk such as yogurt, Swiss cheese or curd cheese.
- If a baby has a big brother and / or sister, he may just want to drink like a big one. In this case, offer him his milk in a cup or a glass of learning, or in a bowl with a straw!
Be that as it may, do not be tempted to add a sweet product to your baby’s milk like honey, sugar or powdered chocolate and continue to buy second-age milk specifically adapted to your baby’s nutritional needs. As a reminder, cow’s milk and vegetable drinks are strongly discouraged.
In the case of breastfeeding, it is rare for the baby to refuse the breast, but you will certainly observe that the duration of the feedings decreases as the baby evolves in its food diversification. However, you can use your milk to add breast milk to your baby’s meals: mix it with molded vegetables, for example. Homemade desserts made with mother’s milk are also possible.
What Foods To Bring In?
The discovery of food continues: you can let your baby discover a little more specific foods like mushrooms, celery, and turnip if this is not already done.
You can also add aromas to each baby’s meal by giving preference to fresh herbs to help your baby benefit from their rich vitamins: parsley, chives, basil, cilantro, tarragon, etc.think also of curry, Curcuma, ginger and nutmeg, garlic and onions, in small quantities
If you feel that your baby is ready and willing, you can gradually move from a thick, molded or crushed diet to foods available in small pieces.
Start by choosing the most tender vegetables.
the ones you introduced first at the beginning of food diversification :
- Green beans, coconut beans flat
- Leek white
- Pumpkin, pumpkin, butternut squash, etc.
You can now offer your baby potatoes and sweet potatoes in small pieces, as long as they are cooked well.
For other starches, all can be offered, but always well cooked:
- Pasta type alphabet or other pasta cut into small pieces
- Wheat type durum wheat)
- A mixture of cereals to be cooked
You will also make your baby happy by offering her croutons of bread!
For Protein: Meat, Fish, Eggs
From now on, the baby can eat any kind of meat and fish, but avoid deli meats (except cooked white Ham) and breaded fish. About the eggs, at 9 months, you can now offer the White of the egg, in addition to the yellow.
However, keep an eye out for quantities as the recommendations are: 15 to 20 g in total per day, the equivalent of 3 to 4 teaspoons of meat or fish, or a little more than 1/4 of a hard egg (white + yellow).
To make it easier for your baby to avoid the risk of a false journey and to treat his taste buds, choose juicy fruit :
- Red Fruits: strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries
You can also cut pieces of banana into small slices. For Apple, propose it from now on grated.
9-Month-Old Baby’s Food Day
Breast-feeding or bottle-feeding 210 to 240 ml of second-generation milk with slightly mineralized water
Optional: children’s cereals (in the bottle)
- Purée of vegetables in small pieces + starchy, not mixed but well cooked + 1 T. P. of oil (ideally: a mixture of 4 oils: Sunflower, Rapeseed, Oleisol, grape seeds): about 200 g – to adapt according to his appetite.
- 15 to 20 g meat or fish (3 to 44 teaspoons) or a little more than 1/4 hard egg (white +yellow
- Dairy, ideally with infant milk (yogurt, Swiss cheese or cottage cheese) or 120 g of juicy fruit in small pieces
- Small pieces of Juicy Fruit or grated apple: 120 g
- Dairy, ideally with infant milk (yogurt, Swiss cheese or cottage cheese))
- Optional: biscuits (boudoir or small butter type))
Puree of vegetables in small pieces + starchy, not mixed but well cooked + 1 T. P. of oil (ideally: a mixture of 4 oils: Sunflower, Rapeseed, Oleisol, grape seeds): 130 to 200 g depending on his appetite.
- 8 Power Foods To Get You Pregnant.
- Your Baby Food is Your Baby’s Fuel!
- Babies Eat Cheerios and Other Foods Safely.