When caring for a precious newborn, there are cleaning tasks that you must be familiar with and you must know the 4 easy ways to remove baby poop stains.
There will come a time when you experience a massive release of poop that reached up to the back of your baby. In such cases, a routine diaper change changed into bath time. As for the cute pajamas that you love and look good on your little one, it is covered in poop stains and you are wondering what you will do with it. Luckily, some ways can help get rid of baby poop stains.
Remember that it is possible to remove old and new stubborn poop stains on baby clothes, cloth diapers, and even the carpet. With the 4 easy ways to remove baby poop stains, they are going to look good as new.
A simple yet effective method to remove poop stains
Exposure of the clothes to direct sunlight can work wonders for most stains as a natural bleacher. If you are wondering on how to get baby poop stains out of almost anything, read on.
How to prevent poop stains
If you want to prevent your baby’s clothes from getting poop stains, cloth diapers are efficient in preventing blowouts due to their shape and elastic gussets around the legs and waist.
When it comes to cloth diapers, you no longer need to change your baby’s outfit if he/she poops or bringing him/her to a bathtub after a poop. Additionally, the clothes of your child are less prone to poop stains.
Synthetic or natural?
When removing poop stains, you might be deciding on whether to use the natural methods or the synthetic products if needed. Remember that this is a personal choice and each method has its share of advantages and drawbacks.
One of the main reasons many prefer natural products is safety. The synthetic products might be detrimental in the long run or if misused. Most of these often include potential and known carcinogens such as phenols, formaldehyde, and phthalates.
Nevertheless, the natural products are not readily accessible as synthetic products especially for those who are living in rural areas that do not have grocery stores that specialize in natural products.
A close look on the 4 easy ways to remove baby poop stain
If you want to effectively deal with poop stain on your baby’s clothes, let us now take a close look at the 4 easy ways to remove baby poop stain.
In case you want to get rid of stains from cloth diapers or clothes, you must make sure that the stain remover and detergent you are going to use are cloth-safe.
Removing the poop
Rinse the poop off from the cloth diaper and garments right away. In case the carpets could not be spared from the poop, try to pick up as much as possible using rubber gloves or a plastic bag. This will help avoid mashing anything into the floor.
Soak the garment that was stained by poop in warm water. This is one way on how to get baby poop stains out of the carpet.
Using the stain removers
Select an efficient stain remover.
- Natural stain removers. As a natural stain remover, you can use lemon juice. Simply squeeze a small amount directly on the damp stain. You can also combine ¼ cup lemon juice with 1 cup of water in a spray bottle. This is the approach on how to remove baby poop stains naturally.
- Synthetic stain removers. An efficient synthetic stain remover is OxiClean White Revive. Pour a small amount on the stain directly.
- Homemade stain removers. A recommended combination is Dawn dish soap, baking soda, and hydrogen peroxide. Although Dawn dish soap is not natural, the combination is effective for most poop stains. Mix two parts hydrogen peroxide with one part Dawn dish soap and one part baking soda. If you want to prepare a large batch for future use, you can use two cups of hydrogen peroxide and one cup each for the baking soda and Dawn dish soap.
After you have applied the stain remover, scrub the area with a toothbrush. Allow it to stay for a minimum of 10-15 minutes after scrubbing.
Wash up the cloth diapers or garments as usual. For stains on the carpet, rinse using cool water in a spray bottle. Dry it with a towel or cloth or use a fan over it.
Allow drying under the sun
If doable, hang the cloth diapers and garments outdoors to dry after the main washing. Clothes with prints and those that are colored must be hanged inside out to prevent fading. Make sure that the cloth diapers are hanged in a “hot dog style” to avoid stretching out the elastic.
Poop stains will remind us how messy motherhood can be. Nevertheless, it is possible to remove even the most stubborn poop stains with the help of the 4 easy ways to remove baby poop stain. With some effort, you will have your cloth diapers, baby clothes and even your carpet free from poop stains and looking good as new.
- [Best Laundry Detergent for Babies]
- [Best Cleaning Products That are Safe for Pregnancy]
- [10 Ways of Preventing your Baby From Taking Their Diaper Off]