Are you wondering if is it safe to use a cellphone during pregnancy? Well, the answer is a long exposure to your mobile device can have adverse reactions to your unborn child. But don’t worry, this article will help and explain to you about using the internet during pregnancy, how to avoid mobile radiation during pregnancy, cell phone use in pregnancy risks for child and more.
Yale School of Medicine has just studied the effect of mobile radiation on the child though, there have been many studies on the effects of radiation from cellphones. The study has shockingly discovered that mobile phones during pregnancy are possible to bear a child with behavioral issues. The fetal brain development can be affected by the radiation which could result in hyperactivity.
While pregnant, you call your doctor, set a meeting with your Gynecologist or use your phone to research baby information and more. Hence, is it bad to put your phone on your stomach? Keep on reading this blog to find out what science says to relieve concerns about the effect of mobile radiation on a child.
Research takes on mobile phone during pregnancy
Because the energy waves from mobile phones lie between the X-rays and granite countertop, studies questions if the waves can impact the unborn child. However, experts and their assessments have been unable to see discover anything that triggers a worry for the use of smartphones.
Effects of overusing mobile device while pregnant
In the last few years, the use of mobile phones has immensely increased more than calling. Since gadgets, these days are more modern such as a computer, music systems, and smartphones. One portable gadget can increase its general use and the radiation, too.
- While experts haven’t completely understood the impacts of level radiation on the DNA and cells.
- However, there’s a connection that exists between radiation and neurological syndromes in a baby.
- This may not be the focus of a causes and consequences association; it might be something you need to look after.
- The WHO (World Health Organization) describes risks as ‘perhaps carcinogenic’ and defines “total the findings on residential ELF (Extremely Low Frequency) magnetic field exposure has given some restricted evidence for improved miscarriage risk linked with magnetic field exposure.”
The above-mentioned study is indecisive, and you can’t advise pregnant women to decrease their contact with mobile phone use. Also, the WHO (World Health Organization) states that “During pregnancy using mobile internet during pregnancy have not raised any medical conditions.”
To lessen your worries, you must take great precautions. The following are tips on how to avoid mobile radiation during pregnancy and keep you and your baby safe:
- If you’re not using your mobile phone, put it a few feet away from you.
- Use a hands-free device such as a headset or speakerphone.
- Text instead of calling, and when texting, the distance mobile phone quite far from you before pressing the send button.
- If the call is important, just make it a short conversation.
- Use a corded phone if possible.
- Position yourself in high network coverage so you get stronger reception because low reception produces more radiation as it is more difficult to connect.
- It’s highly advisable to decrease your screen time while pregnant, where everything you do has an impact on the fetus’ health.
- Never put your mobile phone in your pocket like a cell phone near the baby.
- Don’t sleep on your cell phone pregnant.
We still highly recommend sticking to more traditional yet healthier modes of entertainment. It’s more important to decrease unwanted anxiety and stress more than anything to assure you and your baby are safe and healthy.
Hence, what’s your take? Is it safe to use a cellphone during pregnancy? Let us know your thoughts and share tips if you have.