The mass lumps formed after a change in blood from a liquid to a solid form are called blood clots. The clotting is your body’s way of preventing further bleeding. If you have a blood clot behind the placenta during pregnancy, you might be experiencing some health issues. If you’re obese, you at a higher risk of having clots.
The placenta plays a major role in supplying oxygen and nutrition to the unborn baby forming inside you. Apart from this, your placenta transports waste from the baby to your body to get rid of it. What will happen if you have a blood clot in the uterus during pregnancy?
What Causes Blood Clots During Pregnancy?
Any issues in the placenta can be a reason of concern for your unborn child. Even you may be at risk in some cases. Here, we’ll discuss the causes resulting in blood behind placenta first trimester:
1. Blood clots behind the placenta limit the oxygen flow and the right nutrients for the fetus.
2. A blood clot in the uterus during pregnancy may also stop the flood of waste from your unborn child to you.
3. Formations of a small blood clot in the placenta during pregnancy second trimester may vanish on their own and may not disturb your child in any way.
4. Blot clots behind the placenta may cause placental blood lumps. This abruption may be full separation or partial partition of your placenta from your utero before your child is born.
5. With placental abruption, you may experience abdominal discomfort and vaginal hemorrhage.
6. If the abruption is minimal you may not suffer from any signs.
7. With large abruption, the baby growing inside you may die because of loss of blood.
8. Thrombophilias or clotting conditions can lead to blot clots behind the placenta. This type of blood is genetic. There’s a higher chance of miscarriage in this case.
9. If you have been identified with blot clot behind placenta syndrome before, you must take blood thinner meds like Lovenox or Heparin for your pregnancies in the future.
10. A blood clot in the fallopian tube can also because of high blood pressure and diabetes. Either these medical conditions occur during pregnancy or are already present.
11. If you have a smaller uterus than normal, it can also cause blood behind placenta first trimester and you can only be diagnosed once you’re expecting. Depending on the gravity of restriction in development, your child may be welcomed before your due date.
Treatment Procedures for Blot Clot Behind Placenta
Your doctor or midwife will most likely decide for a physical examination or ultrasound in case there is a blood clot behind placenta. The following are what the doctor’s recommendations for you:
- Your doctor may advise a C-section in case of maternal blood clotting.
- Pregnant moms in serious abruption experience huge blood loss and babies encounter problems for oxygen deficiency or preterm labor.
- While there’s no immediate threat posed for you and the bay when blood around sac in early pregnancy is not serious. In this case, mothers are hospitalized and held under observation.
- Hemorrhage stops after a while and the baby gets born from 24 to 34 weeks.
- The unborn baby may be given steroids to improve lung development and increase his or her survival rate.
Therefore, checking your health is an essential part of prenatal care. Make sure you abide by healthy living habits and completely stop smoking while pregnant to prevent further complications.
Always be happy and forsake all your stress and concerns. Trust your doctor to recommend the right treatments if you have a blood clot behind placenta. Moms share this article with other readers if you suffer from blood clot discharge during pregnancy.
- Is Brown Discharge While Pregnancy Normal?
- Everything You Need To Know About Night Sickness
- Pregnancy Pains and Aches: Are Growing Pains During Pregnancy Real?