Encourage us by following our pinterest
A failing marriage is never easy and happy to deal with. The worst scenario is that when it ends in a divorce which may cause so much pain and grief to both parties. However, your life shouldn’t stop after being divorced. You don’t need to dwell on sadness, regret, or grief. It won’t help if you keep on having regrets and questions on why your marriage didn’t work out. What you should do is to accept your decision, let go, and move on. Make this a chance for you to do what you have always wanted and to be the person you wanted to be.
Life is a roller coaster, full of ups and downs, failures and surprises. But what’s important is how you are able to surpass them all with pride and dignity. Divorce can be anyone’s worst nightmare, but it doesn’t mean that you can’t wake up from that bad dream and live and be happy again. Here are some of the most popular happy divorce quotes to inspire you and motivate you to get through the difficult times and move forward in life.
Happy divorce quotes and sayings
1.“Divorce isn’t such a tragedy. A tragedy’s staying in an unhappy marriage, teaching your children the wrong things about love. Nobody ever died of divorce,” writes Jennifer Weiner in her novel, Fly Away Home.
2. “I’d marry again if I found a man who had $15 million and would sign over half of it to me before the marriage and guarantee he’d be dead in a year.” ~Bette Davis
3. “Every couple has the same five arguments in their lifetime, which is really just the one, over and over, until people die or divorce. What it depends on who you are and what your parents did to you” ~ Amy Bloom
4. “When two people decide to get a divorce, it isn’t a sign that they ‘don’t understand’ one another, but a sign that they have, at least, begun to.” ~Helen Rowland
5. “You can fire your secretary, divorce your spouse, abandon your children. But they remain your co-authors forever.” ~Ellen Goodman
6. “When we do something we like, we are not only happy. We are also very strong!” – Rossana Condoleo
7. “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.”
— Lucille Ball
8. “You will know you made the right decision; you feel the stress leaving your body, your mind, and your life.” – Brigette Nicole
9. “Everything is going to be alright. Maybe not today but eventually.” – Unknown
10. “Being single and having peace of mind is much better than being in a relationship where you feel single and have no peace of mind.” – Unknown
11. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Oprah Winfrey
12. “You will experience grief, anger, and sadness as well as happiness, joy and laughter. Know that every person that has come into your life and every challenge that you have overcome has made you the person you are today.” –Cindy Holbrook
13. “Accept that you are MORE than you think you are…. Not less than what you think you should be.” – Stephanie Kathan
14. “You never have to suffer due to, or be denatured by, another person, even someone you love.” – Rossana Condoleo
15. “Divorces are made in heaven,” wrote Oscar Wilde in The Importance of Being Earnest.
16. “You can cut all the flowers, but you cannot keep spring from coming,” said Pablo Neruda according to PEN America on Twitter.
17. “I used to hope that you’d bring me flowers. Now I plant my own.” ~Rachel Wolchin
18. “There are things in my life that are hard to reconcile, like divorce. Sometimes it is very difficult to make sense of how it could possibly happen. Laying blame is so easy. I don’t have time for hate or negativity in my life. There’s no room for it.” ~ Reese Witherspoon
19. “Live with the objective of being happy” – Anne Frank
20. “Don’t smother each other; no one can grow in the shade.” – Leo Buscaglia
21. “Never be afraid of starting over. It is a chance to rebuild your life the way you wanted all along.” – Unknown
22. “Spouses may divorce, but parents are parents forever.” – Karen Covy
23. “Holding on is basically believing there is only a past; letting go is knowing there is a future.” –Daphne Rose Kingma
24. “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.”
— Carol Burnett
25. “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.”
— Michelle Obama
If you’ve been divorced or are going through this situation, reading some happy divorce quotes just like those we listed above and make you feel better about yourself. Yes, a failed marriage can keep you stuck in a dark place and make you lose hope. Hopefully, these happy divorce quotes and sayings will serve as your inspiration and give you encouragement to get through the process so you can start a new life.
- Intro To Co-Parenting: 10 Approaches For Divorced Parents
- What Children Understand About Divorce?
- What’s the Difference Between Guardianship and Custody?