Encourage us by following our pinterest
They say you can find so much truth in children’s books. They are a fascinating source of lessons in life. For sure, we all remember the children’s books we read and some of them are still with us. Sometimes we take a look and read them again as we feel that we can take inspiration from them as we live our daily lives.
The best part of a children’s book are meaningful, memorable quotes that make us feel nostalgic. We are sharing with you our collection of the best children’s book quotes, children’s literature quotes, quotes by children’s authors, as well as Dr. Seuss quotes for kids and let’s bring back those precious childhood memories.
1.“Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.” – The Velveteen Rabbit, Margery Williams
2. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
—Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
3. “There is not always a good guy. Nor is there always a bad one. Most people are somewhere in between.”
—Patrick Ness, A Monster Calls
4. “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.”
– Peter Pan, J.M. Barrie
5. “Some people care too much. I think it’s called love.” —A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
6. “All grown-ups were once children…but only a few of them remember it.” —Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
7. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”
—J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, and the Philosopher’s Stone
8. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.” —Oh, the Places You’ll Go! by Dr. Seuss
9. “So Matilda’s strong young mind continued to grow, nurtured by the voices of all those authors who had sent their books out into the world like ships on the sea. These books gave Matilda a hopeful and comforting message: You are not alone.”
—Roald Dahl, Matilda
10. “You’re mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret. All the best people are.” —Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
11. “Don’t you know that everybody’s got a Fairyland of their own?” —Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers
12. “Watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you, because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” —The Minpins by Roald Dahl
13. “Keep all your promises, don’t take what doesn’t belong to you, and always look after those less fortunate than yourself, and you’ll do well in the world.” —The Dragon of Lonely Island by Rebecca Rupp
14. “Be who you are and say how you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” —Dr. Seuss, Cat in the Hat
15. “Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” —Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There by Lewis Carroll
16. “But in truth,” said Bull, “we are going nowhere. That my friend is the irony of our constant movement.” —The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo
17. “A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” —The Twits by Roald Dahl
18. “And so for a time it looked as if all the adventures were coming to an end, but that was not to be.” – The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, C.S. Lewis
19. “I like people who make me like them. Saves me so much trouble forcing myself to like them.” —Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
20. Think left and think right and think low and think high.
Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try! —Dr. Seuss
Most of us started to become obsessed with books in childhood, during the years when we didn’t have gadgets and so we would usually spend most of our time in reading. However, most children of today’s modern world, are not able to do this anymore. There are now E-books and you can also find children’s book quotes printables and downloadables, which make reading more convenient than how we read years back.
These best children’s book quotes we have listed are just some of the many quotes by well-known children’s authors around the world. Share them with your kids and to other moms as well!
- 15 Uplifting Thoughts and Quotes for Parents About Raising a Son
- 25 Sweet, Heartwarming Messages and Quotes for Dad
- The 20 Most Meaningful Quotes for Your Mom