The family that eats together will stay forever. But kids always have a different choice of food that parents don’t like. Try these top choice weekday dinner ideas for kids that adults would also love and will make your weekday family dinner a lot more exciting.
Now, we all know everybody at home is busy the whole week. I suggest you spend at least any three days to eat together as a family. It helps to make your bond and relationships get stronger. Here are my top three food choices you can serve at least during special days in a week.
Classic and saucy sloppy joe’s
Who doesn’t love the saucy, messy and delicious sloppy joe? Watching the sandwich piled high and spilling over you will feel the taste and goodness. It may not be the most appealing dish, but it will be the soul comfort food for you and the kids. Pair this with your favorite sides and an ice-cold drink to finish.
- Olive oil – The smooth aroma that will transform the beef to brown and bring the savory taste of the beef
- Yellow onion – adds a robust flavor
- Red bell pepper – It can give little sweetness. If you may also use the green one
- Ground beef –The 85% Angus beef is the best to use. If you are a bit health conscious, a ground turkey will also work best
- Garlic – The fresh garlic will let the ultimate flavor of the beef to come out
- Chili powder – Just enough to give a little fiery and excitement when eating
- Paprika – It makes the sandwich sweet to taste and smoky in flavor
- Ground mustard – adds the great flavor
- Canned tomato sauce – A small can may do. Adds the savory and smoky flavor
- Worcestershire sauce – it deepens the taste of the sauce
- Hickory smoke flavor
- Salt and pepper
How to cook:
- Pre-heat the cooking pan over medium heat and add the olive oil
- Saute the onions and bell pepper until nearly tender. The scoot a little far in one side of the pan.
- Pound the beef to the cooking pan, toss it and break it up until it turns brown
- Drain excess fat and season with garlic, chili powder, paprika, mustard salt, and pepper to taste
- Add and stir the tomato sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and hickory smoke flavor. Low down the fire and warm to about two minutes. Add a sheer amount of chicken or beef stock for saucy taste
- Fill the burger buns while warm and serve with your favorite side dish.
Best side dished for sloppy joe
- Coleslaw using your favorite vegetables and dressing
- Grilled Corn- cob
- Potato Salad
- Tater Tots
- Fruit Salad
- Potato Chips
Queso chicken bake
Here is one perfect dish for a family weeknight. Easy and quick to prepare that your family will love. This food is about salty, crunchy and melting cheese in your mouth that will surely comfort you. In most families, cheese is always the comfort staple food.
As well know, everyone in the family is too busy. Getting together in a table to enjoy dinner is seldom to happen. That is why chicken bakes are perfect for weeknights. This recipe is perfect, and you can easily prepare it fast and spend time with all the family members. When you serve the queso, kids will surely gobble it up.
- Chicken Breast (no bones and no skin)
- Black Beans
- Green Chilies
- Melty Queso Cheese
How to cook queso chicken bake
Prepare your large baking pan and place your chicken breasts in flat. Make a butterfly-cut if the chicken breasts are too thick to reduce the cooking time.
Open and drain the beans and corn then pour them over the chicken breasts. Canned corn and beans are easy to buy in any grocery store.
Cut the queso cheese into small cubes and top them to the chicken breasts to cover. It depends on how you love cheese. You can cut and cover more over the chicken and veggies.
Cover the pan with foil and put it inside the oven preheated at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes to one hour or until all juices run clear.
Now, here is the fun part, if you want a bit crisp, remove the foil five minutes before the cooking time. When cheese is melting, and its finally cooked, remove the chicken and place it on a nice serving plate. Mix the juice and vegetables with the tomato and chilies until it thickens and drizzles them on top of the chicken breasts until covered.
You can serve this while it’s warm with Spanish rice. You may also opt to side it with ships, tortillas or salad. Happy eating!
Pesto chicken veggie meatballs
This food recipe is adorable and delicious. Most children love to pick and eat tiny-sized foods. The Pesto Chicken Veggie Meatballs will be a favorite dish for the little ones and the grown-ups. It is best served with toothpicks.
Then another great thing about this dish is you can let your kids jump into the kitchen and help prepare the meal. They can help the stirring of veggies, scooping the meatballs and placing them in the baking sheet.
- If you can’t find a ground chicken in the local market, you can buy a boneless breast chicken and put them in a food processor and make your own
- If you can’t find dairy and nut-free pesto, you can have raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds). It’s still delicious!
- Chicken breast
- Medium red bell pepper
- Medium-sized carrot
- Plain bread crumbs
- Olive oil
Start by warming the oven to 375 degrees while heating-up prepare the vegetable mixture. Dry the zucchini with a paper towel but don’t squeeze. Mix them in a large bowl with minced carrots and bell pepper and add the pesto, bread crumbs, a pinch of salt and mix to combine.
Add the ground chicken meat and mix it with your hands (make sure your hands are clean and remove all accessories). Toss them gently and make sure everything is mixed well.
Bring out the baking pan with foil and drizzle with oil. With the use of a scoop, a tablespoon or your palm, make small meatballs and place them in the baking pan. Place them in a preheated oven for 10 minutes until it becomes golden brown.
Serve them with your favorite sauce, pasta, or sandwich. Enjoy eating!
- Cool Kiddie Drinks: Hot Weather Cocktails for Kids?
- The Recommended Summer Education Programs For Kids
- Keep up with your Toddlers with these Family Night Ideas