Are you one of those parents who are having a hard time pleasing their kids to brush their teeth? Along with their teeth development, taking care of their teeth is very important. It is no secret that asking our kids to brush their teeth is a little bit difficult. Most of the time they hide, run and even frown when we ask them to do so. They do everything they can just to avoid it. To help you overcome this problem, here are the 5 tips to get your kids to brush their teeth without a fight.
1. Brush your teeth together with your kids
The first on our list of 5 tips to get your kids to brush their teeth without a fight is the idea of brushing your teeth with your kids. How to get your toddler to brush their teeth? The best thing to do is to brush your teeth together with them. If they see you brushing your teeth, they are more likely to do the same. In this way, you can teach them the proper and best way to do this activity.
2. Sing or hum their favorite children’s song
My child won’t brush her teeth; what should I do? One of the 5 tips to get your kids to brush their teeth without a fight is singing or humming their favorite song while you are brushing your teeth together. This is one of the best ways on how to make brushing teeth a habit. Once they hear their favorite song, rest assured that they become more motivated to guess the song. You can also swap your roles. Let them sing while you are brushing and pretend that you can’t think of the song title. In this way, they don’t notice that they already brushed their teeth thoroughly.
3. Buy them a new toothbrush
How to get a child to brush teeth properly? Buy them toothbrushes that are appealing to them. There are lots of attractive toothbrushes out in the market for your choices. Keep in mind that the toothbrushes that are appealing to their eyes can make their brushing more fun and exciting.
4. Use the right amount of toothpaste for them
How to get kids to brush teeth? Give them the right amount and brand of toothpaste. There is no doubt that most kids don’t like the taste of toothpaste. So don’t put too much on their toothbrush. Make sure that you put the right amount. You can also try to use a different brand which is healthy for them if they don’t want to use your usual toothpaste. A different flavor of toothpaste can make their brushing experience more exciting and more fun.
5. Explain to them why tooth brushing is important
How do you teach a child to brush their teeth? Tell them the importance of brushing. Explain to them that when they refused to brush their teeth, they can get lots of cavities. If lots of cavities are present in their teeth, the dentist will drill out their cavities. Kids who don’t brush their teeth will be toothless in the long run. Tell them how brushing their teeth can help them to have a clean mouth and stay fresh.
How to make tooth brushing fun for toddlers?
Baby won’t brush his teeth if you can’t think of a way to make it fun for them. But how can we make it fun for them? Aside from the 5 tips to get your kids to brush their teeth without a fight, you can convince them to brush their teeth through the use of a reward chart. A reward chart can serve as their motivation in doing such activity. Kids love to be rewarded. So take advantage of this opportunity to teach them the proper way of brushing until they can do it on their own.
Choosing the right tool for them
Sometimes the tools that they are using is what it makes the child refuses to brush teeth. We, as parents, should keep in mind that flossing, as well as brushing, is still difficult for them. Toddler’s toothbrushes and those sharp edges free flossers are now available in the market. Let them choose their toothpaste and their favorite toothbrush. Today, there are lots of toothpaste flavors and colors to choose from. Just make sure that the toothpaste they are using contains fluoride.
How to keep their teeth strong and healthy?
- Get your kids to brush their teeth for at least twice every day. Brushing their teeth regularly can help them remove their plaques and cavities. It is advisable to brush every day after breakfast and before going to bed. Whenever possible, brush their teeth after eating sweet snacks.
- One of the child dental care tips is ensuring that the kids can properly brush their teeth, not the front part only. You can ask for the help of your dentist on showing your kids the proper way of brushing without damaging their gums.
- When you are teaching teeth brushing to preschoolers, make sure that you tell them the right amount of time needed for brushing their teeth. It is advisable that you should take at least 2 to 3 minutes of your time for brushing. In order for them not to be bored, use a 2 to 3 minutes’ length of children’s happy song while they are brushing their teeth. This is one way of making this activity more exciting and more fun for them.
- How to get kids to brush teeth? Make sure that they are using soft bristles toothbrush. This is essential in keeping their teeth healthy. Every parent should also take note that it is necessary to change their toothbrush every three months.
- Make sure that the kids brush their tongues too. It is vital in keeping their breath fresh
- Visiting your dentist two times a year is also essential in maintaining and keeping your teeth healthy
- The most important thing that you should keep in mind to have healthy and strong teeth is being careful of what you eat and what you drink. Choose healthy food and drinks for your little ones.
Taking care of your kids’ teeth is very important. That’s why at their young age, teach them to brush their teeth properly and the benefits they can gain from it. You can also tell them the consequences of those kids who don’t brush their teeth. If we ever found ourselves chasing and begging them to brush their teeth, we need to remember these 5 tips to get your kids to brush their teeth without a fight.
- What are The Best Teething Toys for Babies?
- What are the Best Teething Remedies for Babies?
- Is Charcoal Teeth Whitening an Effective Product to Try?