Apple is a staple food that you can keep for a long time in the cooler and eat raw or cooked, dessert or applesauce… so it’s a good start to educate your child to the pleasure of fruit!
Introducing Fruits And Vegetables Into Your Baby’s Diet.
Parents often wonder how to start diversifying their baby’s diet… so follow these basic principles to accompany a 4-month-old baby into this new taste adventure. Thanks to feast your baby, become unbreakable in the introduction of vegetables and fruits in the baby’s plate
Where to start the baby food diversification? By Fruits or vegetables? Enjoy baby recommends to always start the introduction of solid foods by vegetables, and to wait at least 2 weeks to integrate the fruits. In fact, if you do the opposite, your baby may prefer fruits because of their sweet flavor, and avoid vegetables.
The end of the holidays is the beginning of the new school year, but also the apple harvest. Apple is more than fruit; it varies in color and can be a source of awakening. It is also the ideal excuse to take a walk with the older ones in order to pick them up (or pick them up). And then prepare compotes and mashed potatoes for the little ones. Apples are juicy or crunchy, sweet or sour, so it’s a perfect fruit to show your children the taste sensations.
The Benefits Of Apple.
- It is rich in vitamins (A, B1, B2, PP, C) and is the best asset to fight against all infections that could threaten your baby.
- It has anti-anemic qualities (anti-anemia promotes the reconstitution of red blood cells).
- It is easily digested, rich in fiber and regulates intestinal transit.
- It softens other vegetables with a strong taste (like the famous spinach).
From 4 Months, Applesauce
Can the baby eat apples? From 4 months you can give your child applesauce. But how do you cook it? Here is a recipe that you can store in the refrigerator (48 hours) or in the freezer (2 months).
- Take a nice apple of about 200 grams.
- Wash it, peel it, cut it into pieces and place it in a steam cooker for 8 minutes.
- When Apple is cooked, mix the pieces and add a little cooking water to make the preparation smoother.
Applesauce: Which Apple To Choose?
To make applesauce, you obviously need an apple that melts easily when cooked:
- Belle de Boskoop
- Chantecler (sweet and very fragrant))
- Grey Reinette (Canada) (low in sugar and slightly acidic))
- Jonagold, Golden
Nothing prevents you from being creative and mixing several varieties. If you have crunchy apples that have remained in your fruit basket and are less tonic, you can also use them to prepare your applesauce. Some winning combinations:
take two apples and one pear and prepare three servings of applesauce. Wash the fruit, peel and cut into pieces. Then have them compost at low heat for 10 minutes with a little water. Mix it all. Serve warm or cold.
take one Apple, one banana and ten Black Grape kernels. On one side, mix the sliced banana with the seedless, sliced grapes. On the other hand, peel the Apple after washing. Cut it into pieces and steam it with a pinch of cinnamon. Mix the two mixtures and steam together.
wash and peel one Apple and three pears. Cut the fruit into small pieces and sprinkle with fresh lemon juice. Peel the kiwi and cut it into small pieces. Put it all in a saucepan over low heat and add a little water. When the fruit is melting, mix it all until you get a smooth compote. Original and very effective for your child’s immune defenses, this recipe allows you to prepare two desserts.
wash and peel four apples. Cut them into little pieces. Split the vanilla pod in half and collect the seeds. In a saucepan, cook the apples with the vanilla, and sprinkle with two tablespoons of water. Let it cook for 20 minutes over low heat. Mix the apples to obtain a smooth compote. Let it cool down and divide it into two pots.
PureeAs a winning variant of the compote, there is the sweet-salty purée, like this Apple-zucchini version that we love.
- Take a zucchini, an apple, a hazelnut of butter and a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Wash, peel and cut the zucchini into thin slices. Then peel and peel the Apple. Cut it into pieces and sprinkle with lemon.
- Bake the zucchini and Apple in a bain-marie over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Mix and serve.
From 6 Months, Apples In The Oven
By varying your child’s diet from 6 months, you can also introduce desserts made from apples, such as crumbles and pies. Fry the apple pieces with a little butter and sugar or cinnamon and almond powder. A delight for the whole family!
Here it is necessary to choose apples that hold the cooking:
- Royal Gala
- Queen of the reins (ideal for pies))
- Pink Lady
From 1Year: Apples To Eat
From 1 year, your child can discover raw apples, cut into pieces or slats. A palette of varieties is then offered to him to develop his taste sense.
- Royal gala (firm and soft)
- Elstar (perfect balance between sugar and acidity)
- Fuji (very juicy and sweet)
- Granny Smith (tart)
- Pink Lady
In any case, avoid industrial apple juice that usually contains a large amount of added sugars, and prefers homemade juice. Are you into supermarket juice? Dilute it in a sufficient amount of water; it will then feel like a sweet syrup.
- How To Make Baby’s Hair Grow Faster?
- Do’s and Don’ts for Baby’s First Foods.
- The Baby’s Feeding At 9 Months – Well Nourish.