Is it positive or negative? Are you having a baby or not? Well, the signs and the symptoms are all present – missed period, mild cramps, nausea, fatigue, tender breasts and bloating among others. If you are a first-timer, all of these feel new to you. But if you already have a baby, these are all familiar.
You don’t have the time to go to the OB-GYN right away. Although you have heard of do-it-yourself and home experimentation pregnancy testing methods, it cannot but give accurate results. Today, many pregnancy test kits are available in the market. It is just as easy as checking the hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in the urine or get the blood test. hCG is a pregnancy hormone that is produced in the placenta after implantation. Therefore, the presence of hCG means a woman is pregnant. It is up to a woman to choose what is best for her. Reading reviews on different brands can help decide what she is going to use.
One of the pregnancy test kits that a woman can use is the New Choice Pregnancy Test kit. Therefore, it became a common choice because it is economical. However, it costs only half the amount of other brands. Consequently, the result appears fast, which is within 60 seconds, with a very high level of accuracy – 99% as the product claims. The product is also approved by the US Food and Drugs Administration or FDA.
What’s in the box?
New Choice Pregnancy Test contains:
A plastic cassette that has an hCG strip on it. It has a slot for the sample and another one where the results can be revealed.
A dropper that can be used to put the urine sample on the slot.
What you will need
Want to start testing? Prepare the following:
- New Choice pregnancy test kit
- A timer
- A clean cup, dry cup
- Magnifying glass
- The instruction manual that comes in the pack
- Wake up early in the morning. Do not take any liquid upon waking up.
- Take a clean, dry cup when you feel you need to urinate. Choose one that comes from a closet or other sealed spaces. The cup that sitting long in the washroom may contain germs or dirt.
- Collect a sample of your urine using the cup. Keep it aside in a clean surface where no moisture or dirt can contaminate the sample.
- Use the dropper that comes with the kit and put some urine sample on the slot provided for it.
- Wait for three minutes for the result.
- Throw away the used kit.
- Do not drink water or any other liquid upon waking up at the time of the test. It can affect the result.
- In collecting the urine sample, place the cup before urinating and remove it once filled. It is more effective to use the first flow.
- Allow some time for the strip to rest after removing it from the urine sample.
- Leave the kit flat or facing up during the entire process. Do not move or shake it.
- Read the results after the required length of time.
- Refrain from touching strips with your bare hands. Doing so will break the capillary action or the movement of a fluid on a solid surface. This can interfere with the results because HCG in the urine might not reach the test strip.
- Do not use an expired pregnancy test kit. The result will be inaccurate.
- Read the instructions carefully before performing the test.
A red color line for the control line: It confirms that the kit is working perfectly. It also shows a negative result.
The second line is a range of red shades is the test line which denotes that the result is positive. The second line needs not to be darker since its boldness depends on the quality of hCG in the sample.
You should be very careful with the evaporation line which is often mistaken for a positive result. An evaporation line is caused by urine samples evaporating in the test window. Usually, these lines are colored grey. Follow the instructions carefully to avoid evaporation lines.
Proper timing is essential in doing the test for a more accurate result. According to some studies, one can wait about two weeks after unprotected sex before testing. Doing it too early may give a negative result. A more exact result can be manifested a week after a missed period.
How does it work?
The hCG strip in the New Choice Pregnancy test kit contains a patch of hCG antibodies. These small particles of antibodies can cling in hCG molecules in the urine sample. It causes a chemical reaction that will then lead to color development. These are the colors that one can see in the form of lines. These color lines authenticate the working condition of the kit.
- The product is affordable
- It can detect pregnancy five days before a missed period. The more popular test kit can detect pregnancy just a day earlier but it is pretty expensive.
- It is sensitive enough to detect hCG hormones, thus producing a more reliable and accurate result.
- It brings result fast that is available as soon as a minute or two
- It is very easy to use and interpret.
- A very low rate of errors in data (the false-positive results are infrequent)
- Instructions are available in English and Spanish
A new addition to a family is always a piece of good news. That is why positive results bring extra joy to a husband and a wife. However, no matter how good or accurate a pregnancy test kit is, it is always advisable to visit your OB-GYN. A professional medical examination is the most extensive way of confirming pregnancy. And just in case you didn’t know what to do once you yield a positive result, experts can help an expectant mother to prepare in the course of pregnancy for a safe delivery and a healthy baby. The earlier you know that you are pregnant, the sooner you can adjust in the exciting period of pregnancy.
- Can You Reuse a Pregnancy Test?
- Why You Should Get a Blood Pregnancy Test
- How Efficient is Blood Pregnancy Test in Detecting Pregnancy?