New lactating mother, rejoice! Homemade dairy-free lactation cookies for new breastfeeding mother to help boost milk supply? Yes, PLEASE!
As a new mom, you may be thinking:
- Do dairy free lactation cookies recipe work?
- Are dairy-free no-bake lactation cookies help to improve your mil supply for the first time?
With natural galactagogues, which is a substance that supports breastfeeding, from food supplies in your nutrition while lactating can help keep or boost your milk supply.
Dairy-free lactation brownies are an easy and healthful way to mix a few ingredients that can naturally boost milk supply such as:
- Coconut oil
- Whole Grain RolledOats
These items are nutrient-dense and provide a boost of iron, B-vitamins, probiotics, healthy fats and other minerals that are beneficial for new breastfeeding mothers and postpartum. The mixture of these ingredients in a treat makes it a simple, practical and healthy lactation snack for hard-working, lactating mama.
Dairy-free lactation cookies for new breastfeeding mother
If you or your little angel can’t have dairy, you can exclude the chocolate chips or replace it with dairy-free chocolate cookies. Instead of butter, use coconut oil to make your lactation cookies a dairy-free choice that is healthy and safe to munch while breastfeeding.
Here is the recipe and step-by-step direction for Nutritious, Dairy-Free Lactation Brownies:
- 1 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1-1/4 cups coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons milled flaxseed
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons brewer’s yeast
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- Optional: add a cup of coconut flakes, raisins, chocolate chips or other dried fruit
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Before you start, mix the flaxseed with water and put aside for 5 minutes.
- In a big bowl, mix the sugar and coconut oil and blend well.
- Add the eggs, flaxseed mixture, and vanilla and whisk until mixed.
- In a standard bowl, filter together flour, baking soda, brewer’s yeast, cinnamon, and salt. Combine well.
- Then, add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and whisk to combine. Add the oats and any add-ons.
- Use a standard scoop, put cookie balls on a baking stone or cookie sheet and press down slightly to flatten.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Mothers milk lactation cookies recipe:
- 1 cup coconut oil (solid)
- 2 cups whole rolled oats (old fashioned)
- 4 tbsp brewer’s yeast
- 1.5 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (choose a dairy-free option if required)
- Optional: raisins, sliced almonds, ground hemp seeds, chopped walnuts, cranberries, etc.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl, use a hand mixer to mix the coconut oil and brown sugar. Whisk the ingredients until fully combined. Then, add the egg and vanilla extract and mix again.
- In a separate dish, mix the ground flaxseed, rolled oats, baking soda, flour, brewer’s yeast, and sea salt. Gradually mix to combine.
- Gently add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while whisking on low. Use a mixer to add all the ingredients until they are mixed well. Add the chocolate chips and fold them into the mixture gently.
- Dig dough onto the lined cookie sheets and bake it for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cookies are becoming golden brown. Let it cool for a couple of minutes before you serve.
- Enjoy eating!
These oat free lactation cookies can remain fresh in a sealed jar for up to one week or you can save some extras in your fridge. If you’re a pregnant mother, these snacks are excellent as part of your post-delivery freezer treats or delights before your little angel comes!
The right time to start eating lactation cookies, natural mama
Well, the right time to start eating lactation cookies is anytime you’re concerned about a decrease in your milk output to help keep or avoid changes with your breastmilk supply.
In case, the temporary decrease in your milk supply can be caused by:
- Having extended days of separation from your new baby
- Hormonal adjustments, like the start of your menstrual cycle
- Teething, sickness, and ailments (either you or the baby)
- Baby has begun eating solids
- If your baby begins napping longer periods at night
- Changes in your nutrition or deficiency of healthy diet
- Going back to work
If you’re considering going back to work, you can start eating milkin cookies to help to boost your milk supply with more time being away from your little one.
You must keep saving lactation cookies whole food in your fridge so you can easily access them just in case you might need them. Lactation cookies are one way to help you keep your breastmilk up especially when you’re experiencing bumps in the street. It’s always essential to check at any potential basic problems that might be affecting your milk supply to know how to fix while lactating.
Amount of lactation cookies to eat
to help boost your milk supply especially for new mothers, you can begin by having 1 to 2 dairy-free lactation brownies each day to your daily food consumption.
Lactation cookies can be a delicious treat together with your favorite milk. They are perfect for always on the go mothers, handy nibble to keep your milk running. As a diligent, breastfeeding mom, there will be times that you don’t have time to take a seat to enjoy a meal, energy to cook, or need something to eat quickly with one hand while you breastfeed. These can be helpful for lactating working moms as dips in milk sources can be prominent when going back to work. Mothers milk lactation cookies can help you maintain your energy and increase milk supply if you’re in between a meal or can’t make time to eat properly.
How quick lactation cookies work?
If you’re concerned about your breastmilk supply, you may be thinking – how fast does the best lactation foods work. Most lactating moms can observe a boost in their milk production within 1 to 3 days of adding in the best lactation cookie mix. Often, the increase in breast milk will be most evident during the morning. If you’re pumping to boost your milk supply, you may see that your milk supply is better than what you normally pump.
These delicious dairy-free lactation brownies work best when consumed in combination with these other techniques to improve breast milk production:
- Breastfeeding and pumping more often
- Drinking more glasses of water to refill fluids
- Optimizing your post-delivery diet and eating properly
While the add-on of natural galactagogues in your healthy diet can help improve breastfeeding, always remember that these can’t resolve underlying problems that may be affecting the decrease of breast milk, such as poor latching or deficiency in maternal nourishment.
If you’re worried about a sudden fluctuation in your milk production, make sure you consult with a lactation consultant to help you address any underlying issues.
Thus, there are various ways to increase breastmilk supply and keep your milk production (besides your favorite dairy-free lactation cookies for new breastfeeding mothers).
- 15 Sure Signs You’re Pregnant with a Girl
- Things to Know About a Woman’s Immune System During Pregnancy
- Monitoring Babies’ Development and Progress the 20-Week Anatomy Scan