As what they say, an apple a day keeps the doctor away! How true is this? Of course, parents would love to see our kids grow healthy. To be able to achieve this, we should know what food to provide them with every single day. It is imperative for parents to be careful and knowledgeable enough when it comes to the right food that our child needs for their optimum growth and development.
Preparing our children’s food can be challenging. So, the help you out mommies, below is the list of healthy food recipes for kids that are very easy to prepare at home.
Strawberry lime smoothies
- one cupful of strawberry-yogurt
- half cup 5inch milk-powder liquid
- 3-5 tablespoonful of lime-juice
- Two tablespoonfuls of sweet-honey
- 1/2 teaspoonful of grounded cinnamon
- 2 cupful of freshly hulled strawberries,
Steps on the preparation of Strawberry Lime Smoothies:
- Prepare all the condiments on an airtight blender and mix well.
Nutritional facts of strawberry lime smoothies:
One cupful of Strawberry Lime Smoothies gives:
61miligram of sodium, 5g protein. 172 calories, 2gram of saturated fat36gram of carbohydrate (32gram of sugars, 2gram of fiber),
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal:
- Three cupfuls of saturated-fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of table salt
- 1-cupfuls of quicker-oats
- Two large-sized sliced-bananas
- Two tablespoonfuls of peanut-butter
- One teaspoonful of extracted-vanilla
Steps in the preparation of peanut butter banana oatmeal:
- Add salt and milk, heat to a saucepan, stir while boiling. Mix for 2-3 minutes, remove from heat, keep on the table to cool. Ready to be served. Beter served when not hot.
Nutritional facts of peanut butter banana oatmeal:
One cupful of Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal:
13gram of protein 284 gram of cal, 47gram of carbohydrate (19gram of sugars, 5gram of fiber),.7gram of fat (1gram saturated fat), 260miligram of sodium,
Chicken fajita sala:
- four tablespoonfuls of canola-oil.
- 1/4 cupful of lime-juice
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- One teaspoonful of grounded cumin-powder
- Two pounds of bone-less skinned-chicken.
- One medium-sized sliced-onion
- One teaspoonful of dried oregano
- One medium-sized sweet-red chili
- 3-cans of sliced-green chillis
Steps on the preparation of chicken fajita salad:
Mix two teaspoonfuls of oregano, garlic, oil, juice. Put chicken and mixture together. After 20-30 minutes of marinating, put in the refrigerator. After a few hours of refrigerating, remove and heat. Add oil and onion to sauté for 3-4 minutes.
Nutritional Facts of Chicken Fajita Salad one cupful of:372 cal. 26gram of fat (3gram saturated-fat), 203miligram of sodium, 16gram of carbohydrate (5gram of sugars, 6gram of fiber), 22gram of protein.
Coconut-crusted turkey strips
- Two large-sized egg-white
- Two teaspoonfuls of sesame-oil and Two tablespoonfuls of sesame seeds
- One cupful of sweetened, toasted coconut
- One cupful of dry-bread crumb
- 1/4 teaspoonful of the table- salt
- One pound of turkey meat
- One cupful of plumed-sauce
- Two cupfuls of unsweetened-pineapple juice
- Two teaspoonfuls of prepared-mustard-powder
- Two teaspoonfuls of corn-starch
Steps on the preparation of coconut-crusted turkey strips
- Pre-boil over the oven for10-15 minutes, in a small-sized pan, mix oil and egg. In a different pan, pour the sesame seeds, egg white, salt, and bread crumbs and mix together.
- Put in a baking pan, bake for 15-20 minutes, while baking, always turns the turkey side by side to have the same amount of heat on each side.heat until the turkey is well dipped.
- Pour together all the ingredients together and mix and heat for 5-8minutes and then wait until the turkey is well thick. After heating, allow it to cool. Then it’s ready to be served.
Nutritional facts of coconut-crusted turkey strips
One ounce of Coconut-Crusted Turkey Strips gives:: 8gram of saturated fat, 56 milligrams of chol. 22gram of carb. (11gram of sugars, 1gram of fiber), 30gram of protein. 278gram of cal, 519miligram of sodium-chloride
Banana blueberry pancakes:
- One cupful of whole-meal-flour
- One cupful of all-purpose flour
- Two tablespoonfuls of sugar
- Two teaspoonfuls of baking-powder
- One o teaspoonfuls of table-salt
- One-large-sized egg.
- Two cupfuls of fat-free milk
- three medium-sized mashed riped bananas
- two teaspoonfuls of vanilla
- a half cup of fresh blueberry
Steps on the preparation of Banana Blueberry Pancakes:
- mix sugar, table salt, egg, milk, flour, bananas, and baking powder together.
- Put the already mixed recipes into a bowl and stir to fine-tune with the blueberries. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
Nutritional facts of banana blueberry pancakes:
Two pancakes have 41gram of carb. (19gram of sugars, 4gram of fiber), 6grsm of protein, 2gram of saturated-fat, 31miligram of chol.317miligram of sodium-chloride, 195grams of cal.
Rich baked spaghetti:
- Eight-ounces of uncooked-spaghetti, two large-sized egg
- 1/4 cupful of fat free-milk
- Two pounds of lean grounded-beef.
- Three pounds of Italian-style-sausage
- One small-sized chopped onion,
- One cupful of sliced-green chili
- One jar of spaghetti sauce (meatless type)
- Two cans of saltless tomato-sauce
Steps in the preparation of rich baked spaghetti
- Heat water until boiling point, add spaghetti and allow to cook for some minutes. Mix milk and egg together. Then mix together with the already cooked spaghetti.
- Boil the sausage,green-chili, beef and onion in a small amount of heat, remove the excess water. Mix all together and keep stirring for some minutes.
- Baking should be 25-30minutes while the baking pan is open. add cheese and bake for another12-15 minutes. Before switching the baker off, make sure that the cheese is already melted. Once the cheese is melted, switch off the baker and allow it to cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
So, there it goes mommies! Hopefully, you can try these no-sweat recipes for kids that aren’t just healthy but delicious too! You can let your kids get involved in preparing these recipes to make it more fun and strengthen the bond between you and your little one.