Bread is one of the best sources of carbohydrates. During our babies’ toddler days, it is quite tiring to take care of them. They grow up, move a lot, craw a lot, walk or run non-stop which is why we need to give them the nutrients that they must have in order to grow healthier. We also want our babies to eat healthy and safe foods. Bread is one of the foods our kids mostly want and most mommies want to make the bread at their homes healthier or more delicious by doing different flavored bread recipes.
Baby Bread Recipes
One of the famous flavored bread recipes is the banana bread and carrot bread. To make it more nutritious and fit for the babies, some mommies make banana bread with baby food or egg-free banana bread for their baby. There are also salt-free bread recipes for babies that parents can follow to let their babies eat bread nutritiously. Here are some flavored bread recipes that you can follow to feed your babies.
Eggy Bread or Baby French Toast Recipe
This recipe or baby food can be a perfect snack or finger food for babies and toddlers. The baby french toast or it may be called as eggy banana bread can be a great recipe if your baby is starting its baby-led weaning journey. The ingredients of this flavored baby bread are just easy to find and affordable specifically the wholemeal bread, eggs, bananas and your usual baby milk plus this finger food is just easy to make. Your babies will not find it hard to hold with their bare hands because the bread stays soft when fried. The bananas for this recipe also adds sweetness to the bread but you can also try different natural flavors for the french toast like a little orange juice or cinnamon. You can also add chocolate if you like! Now, let’s jump into the recipe itself.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 20 mL of milk
- 3 slices of wholemeal bread
- Oil and butter for frying
Read also: Best homemade recipes for babies
How to cook:
- Prepare a bowl, crack the egg and put it on the bowl followed by the milk. Mash the banana and add it to the bowl. After that, mix it well until the egg, banana, and milk are well combined.
- Cut the slices of bread into finger-sizes and dip each one slice into the mixture. Don’t soak it in the mixture but dip enough to coat both sides of the bread.
- Melt a little butter if you want to add more flavor on the bread or simply put oil on the pan then fry the bread slices for an average of 2 minutes on both sides until its golden brown.
- You can store it inside an airtight container and put in the fridge for up to 48 hours or serve it immediately.
Salt-free Baby Bread Recipe
Salt is just everywhere and it’s obviously at the foods you often eat although it doesn’t taste salty. One of the most common sources of sodium in our diet is bread. Most loaves of bread have 170 to 250 milligrams of salt per slice. If you consume too much salt, you may increase your risk of high blood pressure, heart and kidney disease. Well, this may also happen to our babies and we don’t want that right? So prevention is better than cure. One amazing recipe you can do for a flavored bread recipe for babies is the salt-free bread recipe. Here’s its quick and easy recipe that you can follow.
- 2 ½ to 3 cups of unsifted flour
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 pack of dry yeast
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 tablespoon of oil
Read also: Making baby food with blueberries
How to cook:
- Add undissolved yeast, 1 cup of flour and sugar to a mixer bowl and mix.
- Add the hot water and oil on the mixer bowl then set the mixer speed’s to medium and beat for two minutes.
- Add and stir in the remaining 1 ½ to 2 cups of flour until the dough become not sticky. Knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic for about five minutes.
- Put the dough into a greased bowl and turn to grease the top of it.
- Cover the dough and let it rise until the size is doubled in a warm place for about 30 minutes then fold the dough down but don’t punch it.
- Prepare a greased loaf pan then shape the dough. You can also use a greased cookie sheet to come up with a french-shaped loaf.
- Cover the pan with a clean cloth and let the dough rise for 30 minutes. Remember to check it from time to time.
- If it has risen, bake it for about 30 minutes at a temperature of 400-degrees or until done. Then, remove it from the sheet or pan.
Carrot Baby Bread Recipe
Carrots are often unappealing to babies and they don’t want to eat it alone most of the time. However, you could include this into a flavored bread recipe for your baby. Here is a yummy recipe for the carrot baby bread that is easy to make and it’s very tasty.
- 1 ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder and baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of white sugar
- ⅔ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of carrot baby food
- ½ cup of chopped nuts
Read also: Best fruit recipes that your baby will surely love
How to cook:
- Grease two 8 x 4 inches of loaf pans and preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celcius.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves together.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and oil then beat the eggs with it. Put this mixture together with the flour mixture and stir together. Then, put in the nuts and scoop the batter into the prepared baking pans.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes. You can also check if the bread is cooked when you insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf and it comes out clean.
- Cool the loaf in the pan for 10 minutes then remove it to a rack for it to cool completely.
Kids grow up so quickly and before you know, they have already outgrown their diapers, toys, and food that you give them. Parents’ top priority is to give their babies or kids the best that they can, starting from the food that they eat for them to grow healthy and smart. So, aside from giving your babies some baby food, you can try these flavored bread recipes for your babies!
- Different Pumpkin Recipes for Your Baby
- Best Fruit Recipes that Your Baby will Surely Love
- Healthy Teething Biscuits Recipes Your Kids Will Surely Love