Preparing foods during the holidays has been a custom as a way of celebrating it. Families gather together to commemorate a nation’s special day, and if you’ve been preparing the same dishes for the past years then coming up with something extra is a great idea. One way is to prepare foods in sync with the kind of holiday you are celebrating. In place of this, you will be able to showcase your love for your country. In this post, we focused on patriotic food ideas for the fourth of July, and if you are still on the lookout for healthy delicious recipes for the coming holiday then you shouldn’t miss this out! Let’s take a look at these mouthwatering patriotic food ideas perfect for your fourth of July blast!
Blueberry, mozzarella cheese, and watermelon skewers.
This patriotic food idea will make a scrumptious appetizer to kick off your menu!
Blueberries, cubed mozzarella cheese, cubed watermelon, toothpicks, salt, and balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
- To set up the skewers, piled up one blueberry, one cubed mozzarella cheese, and one cubed watermelon. The cubed watermelon should be at the bottom, followed by the mozzarella, then the blueberry.
- Pierce the toothpick through the center of the stack to create a skewer.
- Put a drizzle or two of balsamic vinaigrette dressing, and sprinkle a pinch of salt in the stack to add some flavor.
Blue, red, and white spaghetti pasta.
This patriotic food idea will surely be loved by the kids!
1 pound cooked spaghetti pasta, 1 teaspoon blue food coloring, 1 teaspoon red food coloring, 4 tablespoons water, and 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Cooldown the cooked spaghetti. Rinse the two-thirds of it, then separate it in half and place each half of the two-thirds in a zip-lock bag.
- Put the blue coloring in one zip-lock containing the pasta, and the red on the other one. Blend it with two tablespoons of water. Mix lightly until the colors are sucked up.
- For the spare one-half pasta, apply olive oil into it. It is for the other colors not mixing into the original color of the pasta.
- Put the spaghetti pasta altogether minutes before serving it. If you blend it sooner, the color may pass to one another.
Taco salad flag.
Show your overflowing love to your country with this yummy patriotic food idea!
1 pound ground beef, 4-6 cups tortilla chips, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, ¼ cup salsa, 4 cups shredded lettuce, ½ cup up sliced lengthwise pitted large olives, 2-3 cups cherry tomatoes, 1 envelope taco seasoning, and ¾ cup water.
- Cook one pound beef over medium heat in a large skillet until meat turns into brown. Drain off any excess grease.
- Mix the salsa and taco seasoning with the water. Put to a simmer and cook for around 10 minutes uncovered, or until most of the liquid is already absorbed.
- Put the chips in a 13 by 9 inches platter, then lay out the beef evenly over the top of chips.
- Grab the layer of lettuce to cover the beef.
- Organize the olive slices together in the upper left corner of the platter to form stars. Alternate the tomatoes and cheese to make the stripes. Add some extra chips to the side of the platter for some extra munch.
- If you are making this ahead of time, do not place the chips at the bottom of the taco salad and just serve them on the side.
- You may also opt to drizzle a little bit of Italian dressing over each serving.
Blue, red, and white fruit pizza.
This patriotic food idea will give you a glimpse of Captain America’s powerful shield!
For the cookie base:
14 tablespoons stick salted butter, 2 ½ cups of granulated white sugar, 1 ½ cups all purpose-cream, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon baking powder, 2 large eggs, and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Mix sugar and butter in a stand mixer. Bet it on high for two to three minutes until it’s fluffy and light.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until it blends well.
- Add baking powder, salt, and flour. Mix thoroughly until it blends fine.
- Put the finish (dough) in the fridge and leave it for 30 minutes.
For the frosting:
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, 12 ounces cream cheese, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 ¾ cup powdered sugar.
- Mix butter, sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla in a stand mixer. Blend it until completely combined.
- Begin in a slow phase to avoid the powdered sugar from scattering.
- Set aside.
For the topping:
1 cup rinsed and drained blueberries, 1 pound rinsed and sliced strawberries and powdered sugar.
- After preparing and doing the instructions mentioned above, heat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a pizza pan thoroughly, or you can use a pizza stone.
- Get the pizza dough in the fridge and put it in the pizza pan. Mindfully roll the dough, and push it in the sides of the pan. You should make the dough even as possible. Put it in the oven and leave for 16-20 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven once cooked, let it cool down, and put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is chilled enough, spread the cream cheese frosting over the top of it. Assemble blueberries and strawberries on top of the frosting. Use the powdered sugar to dust the top.
- Cut your blue, red, and white fruit pizza into wedges and serve!
Blue, red, and white sangria.
Make this patriotic food idea into a refreshing drink! You can substitute sparkling water or lemon-lime soda for the wine to turn it into a kid-friendly drink as well.
1 chilled dry white wine, 2 cups blueberries, ½ cup orange liqueur or brandy, 1 pound sliced strawberries, 1 cup raspberries, ¾ cup apples (you can opt to cut it into star shapes), 1 chilled sparkling white wine, and ice.
- Mix white wine, orange liqueur, raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries in a large pitcher.
- To make the flavors blend well, put it in the fridge for four hours, covered.
- Once the sangria is ready, mix in the apples, sparkling white wine, and plenty of ice.
- Serve abruptly and enjoy it!
There you go, our set of patriotic food ideas perfect for you 4th of July celebration! Do not forget to give us feedback on the comment section below, and you can also suggest other food ideas that you want us to show. Happy cooking!
- Easy as 1-2-3 Corn Tortilla Recipes
- Sumptuous Healthy Yogurt Dessert Recipes
- Kid-friendly Paleo Recipes Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner