When a woman is pregnant, her coming baby depends on the nutrition you provide them. Due to this reason, it is vital to eat a well-balanced diet that includes vegetables and fruits.
Now there comes the season of fruits in the local markets. And this interesting and delicious mango is the fruit that most people cannot fight against. They just can’t get enough. This is the same is true with pregnant women. They have a tendency to crave mangoes every time. They can’t resist the sour and sweet flavor of mangoes.
It took a long time that questions may arise with mangoes. And this issue may still bring second thoughts to pregnant women about eating mangoes. This article will actually help pregnant women with regard to their cravings with mangoes. Is it alright if they consume mangoes during pregnancy? Is it bad if they eat too many mangoes?
Take time to read about the importance and possible risks that may affect pregnant women. Find answers to the questions that most pregnant mothers have been asking.
Is it fine for women to eat mangoes during pregnancy?
Mangoes were very in demand for pregnant women. We all know that. It has always been a part of their cravings along with other fruits.
Mangoes were undeniably part of their system. So to answer the question about the safety of mangoes during pregnancy is, yes they can eat mangoes. It is safe, but it needs to be taken in moderation. Mangoes were actually an excellent source of energy, vital nutrients, and antioxidants.
When you are pregnant, you should always look at your food intake. It is important to watch or observe the diet to avoid overindulgence. Moreover, mangoes are seasonal fruits and should be taken at a time when they are available. In case you observed some allergic reactions or any conditions in your body, it is always important to consult your doctor before including mangoes to your diet.
It is always recommended to talk with your healthcare provider. You can never go wrong when you talk to them.
How many mangoes can a pregnant woman consume?
We all know that too much good is bad. The same is true with the foods we eat most importantly if you have a life inside your belly. When it comes to the consumption of mangoes to pregnant women, it is always best to eat no more than one mango a day. Keep in mind to embrace mangoes in your diet only if your doctor will note to you to upsurge your calorie intake.
For every one hundred grams serving of mangoes, it contains about 13.66 g sugar. If you are pregnant and you are actually eating this amount of mangoes, then it would cause you to have extreme mango consumption and it indicates a bad idea during pregnancy. However, mangoes also have several other nutrients that are helpful and safe for pregnant women. It just needs to be taken moderately.
Benefits of eating mangoes during pregnancy
If a woman is pregnant, it is always vital to eat nutritious food and avoid calories. Pregnant women should realize to practice certain changes in their lifestyle. Fruits and vegetables are undeniably rich in nutrients. When you add fruits as well as vegetables to your diet, you are much guaranteed that you will acquire most of the minerals, vitamins, and fiber that you and your little one need.
Mangoes are packed with different nutrients and minerals that can meet the nutritional requirement of a pregnant woman.
These are the nutrients that mangoes possess and could be a good thing for most pregnant women:
- This fruit is a rich source of Vitamin A which actually helps the formation of babies’ teeth and bones, most especially the development of the eye and the rest of the immune system.
- They are also packed with alpha and beta-carotene.
- Also contains potassium, copper, and folate in very good quantities.
- It comprises Vitamin C and helps the absorption of iron. Iron then prevents anemia.
- It’s a very good foundation of folic acid which is significant for the progress of the baby’s brain and spinal cord.
- Mangoes also contain dietary fiber to support ingestion and stop constipation most especially to women in their first trimester
- It has a prevailing antioxidant that helps to solve conflicts against free radicals, which can disturb fetal development.
- It’s also a source of Vitamin B6, which plays a vital role in the progress of the baby’s brain and nervous system.
- Mangoes actually also helps to beat the morning sickness and relieving pregnant women from nausea.
- Mangoes also can help to balance the body fluids of a pregnant woman. Such as blood volume.
Like what was said earlier in the article, even if mangoes offer a lot of nutrients to a pregnant woman, she should be also watchful of the things she eats. It’s not always safe to take foods excessively.
Side effects of mangoes
Despite the bountiful nutrients, a person can get from mangoes, there are really some side effects of consuming it most especially to pregnant women. And these are:
- Diarrhea: Too many mangoes can actually cause diarrhea, which can lead to dehydration afterward.
- Weight gain: Mangoes contain carbohydrates that can add to pregnancy weight
- Reaction to Allergies: People have different types of skin or tolerance to allergic which is coming from foods. If you experience ‘mango itch’, avoid mangoes as much as possible.
Mangoes have always been a great source of energy not only to pregnant women but also for a normal human being. Mangoes are essential most especially to pregnant women. But always take into consideration as well that good thing has also its side effects on their own. Consumption of mangoes should be observed accordingly because who knows, this might cause your labor to have complications.
Everything must be in moderation and with proper prescription of the doctor. After all, it has always been the issue of being safe for both parties. The mother and the baby.
- Healthy Breakfast for Pregnant Women
- Chia Seeds Drinks for Mother and Child
- Healthy Delicious Popsicles to Try During Pregnancy