Encourage us by following our pinterest
Every parent is different when it comes to raising children but they only have one common goal, which is to raise them to become good people. However, some would say that raising a son is more of a challenge as compared to bringing up a girl. How is this so? This is maybe because of the fact that we look up to different kinds of men, our heroes, husbands, grandfathers, fathers, brothers and we just want our son to be like these people.
Raising a son may need you to seek out advice from those who have been in the same situation before. Sometimes it helps to read books about parenting a boy, or just reflect on the experiences of other parents who used to raise young men.
To help you out, we’ve compiled the most meaningful and inspiring thoughts and quotes about raising a son from different kinds of people who have experiences in bringing up young men.
Thoughts and quotes for parents about raising a son
1. You don’t raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they’ll turn out to be heroes, even if it’s just in your own eyes. – Wally Schirra
2. “Raising boys has made me a more generous woman than I really am.” – Mary Kay Blakely
3. “Mother is her son’s first god; she must teach him the most important lesson of all, how to love.” – T. F. Hodge
4. “To wake up to the sound of my son saying ‘Mama, mama!’ It’s the best sound ever.” – Miranda Kerr
5. “A mother’s love doesn’t make her son more dependent and timid; it actually makes him stronger and more independent.” – Cheri Fuller
6. “Boys love their mamas and make you feel like the most special person in the world. The energy is high, but the drama can be less — unless it’s the kind of drama where you go to the ER for head wounds. Those increase with boys.” – –Melissa Joan Hart
7. “The biggest challenge in raising boys is guiding them, but not choosing for them. Teaching them self-awareness and respect of the opposite sex, which has a lot to do with how they see you as a mother and the love and respect they breathe within the family structure. Boys seem to never really grow up, but that is also the beauty of having boys.” –Brigitte Nielsen
8. “If a man has been his mother’s undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it.” – Sigmund Freud
9. “Though our new son is barely a part of our present, we look at his squirming, warm bundle of future potential and say to ourselves, ‘Hello, little man.’ Little do we know the adventure we are beginning!” – Dr. Gregory L. Jantz
10. “Until you have a son of your own, you will never know what that means. You will never know the joy beyond joy, the love beyond feeling that resonates in the heart of a father as he looks upon his son.” – Kent Nerburn
11. “There is no greater privilege in living than bringing a tiny new human being into the world and then trying to raise him or her properly during the next eighteen years.” – James C. Dobson
12. “Even more than the time when she gave birth, a mother feels her greatest joy when she hears others refer to her son as a wise learned one.” – Thiruvalluvar
13. “If you would have your son to walk honorably through the world, you must not attempt to clear the stones from his path but teach him to walk firmly over them – not insist upon leading him by the hand, but let him learn to go alone. “ – Anne Bronte
14. “As the mother of a son, I do not accept that alienation from me is necessary for his discovery of himself. As a woman, I will not cooperate in demeaning womanly things so that he can be proud to be a man. I like to think the women in my son’s future are counting on me.” – Letty Cottin Pogrebin
15. “To be a mother of a son is one of the most important things you can do to change the world. Raise them to respect women, raise them to stand up for others, raise them to be kind.” – Shannon L. Alder
We now live in a world that encourages gender equality, thus it is essential for parents to teach their sons more about love, empathy, and care. These qualities don’t make men weak, rather allow them to become stronger and braver. We want our sons to become the best man they can be, to be like heroes, a great provider for the family, a loyal, loving husband, and a great father to his children. We hope the thoughts and quotes about raising a son we listed will guide you all the way in raising incredible men.
- Inspiring Quotes to Motivate Kids
- Losing Friends and Motherhood: Quotes to Inspire and Cheer You up
- Sweetest Quotes and Sayings for Babies