As the pregnancy of a woman develops, and your pregnant belly starts to grow, your baby itself is also progressing inside the tummy. It is fun feeling your baby kick and talking to them. You can feel them and even bond with them even though they are still inside your womb. You don’t need to wait until your baby is born to bond with them. Pregnancy is a perfect period for you to make an attachment with your little one.
It is important to at least talk or bond with them. But the question is, can your baby sense anything while he or she is still inside your womb? When can your baby start to hear your voice or any sound from the inside and the outside of your body? These are the common questions most pregnant women ask about. This article will discuss the senses of the baby inside the mother’s womb. This will give awareness to soon-to-be mothers about the situation of the baby inside her womb.
What babies can do inside the womb?
Obviously, a mother is a person who has a connection with the baby. Little did you know, your baby can sense changes in your attitude and mood. They can also be familiar with the sound of your voice as well as your heartbeat. All of these things will comfort them whenever they will get out of and witness the world.
Unborn babies can also smile. It is truly wonderful what babies can do before they even depart the womb which they have been staying for development for nine months. Whether be it experimenting with all kinds of facial features they eventually figure out how the edges of their mouth are to moving their hands to their heads. They can sense if you are sad or happy. Your mood does really have an impact on their personality according to studies. Smiling babies are joyful babies and it’s somewhat exceptional to be able to witness this moment during an ultrasound. Your baby will be smiling abundantly when they can perceive your voice.
If you have ever been swimming in the deep pool or you could not feel the bottom very easily, this is what it’s like your baby inside the womb. They are floating around in empty amniotic fluid and the last month it all probably feels like they have rearranged your internal organs. It is normal for them to move around a bit since they are floating and it is an indication that they are active already and ready to come out.
Babies are good at one thing, and that is “sleeping”. Newborns are good at it but unborn babies are the complete pros when it comes to sleeping off. Be thankful when they’re kicking continuously all night. Kicking is a thing that most mothers feel. It may feel painful sometimes and surprising. Unborn babies can do flexing and kicking and this does not mean they dislike you, displeased, or mad inside the womb, it just means that they are well mindful that they now have legs.
Is it normal if your baby keeps moving inside your tummy?
As your baby grows inside your tummy, they will continue to stretch and move around inside. These are the usual things you will witness. Kicking is a sign of ordinary growth and a perfect part of pregnancy, mainly because it’s the first time that your baby is truly mingling with you. The doctor will tell you to keep track of the kick counts because the number of times your baby continually kicks will give them a good awareness of the activity level with regards to development.
As your pregnancy comes to a close it is easy to forget your baby is a fully grown newborn and capable of sensing almost all things that you can. In most cases, unborn babies can shout or cry, witnessed by doctors and pregnant women who smoked ultrasounds that have shown what babies can do. In the womb, they are affected and viewed as making wheezing expressions with their faces which is pretty alike to what happens when a baby cries. Of course, you would not be able to hear any of this, but it is a positive proof that your baby knows exactly what they are doing when they will let out that first initial wail that moms are waiting for. Your baby’s sense of hearing is one of the first senses they progress while they are in the womb.
Things your baby can do that you barely know
Despite the common kicking and moving of the arms and the legs, there are also some activities that your baby can do inside your womb, and these are:
- Breathing – Even babies inside the womb depends on oxygen you have as a mother to survive. This oxygen is provided through the umbilical cord but despite that, the babies do practice breathing exercise which enables them to breathe when they are out of the womb. This exercise starts around the ninth week of pregnancy.
- Opening and closing of eyes – Your baby becomes capable of opening or closing his or her eye even before he or she is born during the 27th week of pregnancy. Babies become sensitive to light signals and he or she tends to react with light though it does not have much to see inside Scientific studies have shown how unborn babies turn away their eyes from light that is entering through the mother’s belly button.
- Smiling – It is an essential life skill out of the and 4D scans have clearly shown the pictures of babies smiling inside the womb from around 26th week of pregnancy. When they are out of the womb you must have wondered how your baby learned the art of that heart-warming smile.
- Crying – Shedding tears of your baby starts inside the womb. The first cry outside the womb is very important as it indicates that oxygen has reached its brains and it is perfectly healthy. Until babies learn to speak, crying as a communication means is very important for them.
- Tasting food – Flavours of foods that expecting moms ingest is reflected in the amniotic fluid around the baby, certain flavors like garlic, ginger, anise, and sweet can alter the flavor of amniotic fluid. It is probably nature’s way to prepare the child for different flavors it is going to encounter after being born.
- Listening – Researchers revealed that around the third trimester, babies can start listening to outside noises. They may even respond to sound with their gentle kick despite not understanding your words, they still recognize the mother’s voice, therefore, and you should talk to your child as a very effective means of bonding with your unborn baby.
- Yawning – Inside your small womb world, things can be pretty unexciting for your cute one. So it’s not surprising that your cute bundle of joy will yawn sometimes while being inside.
- Hiccupping – Babies learn to hiccup within the first few weeks of their existence but, these hiccups are too mild to be detected you might be able to notice them during the last phase of pregnancy. However, many expected mothers may not feel this at all.
Kicking, twisting, wriggling, and more done by your tiny naughty one prepares himself to use his reflexes right inside the womb. Your little womb is its first playground. Baby movements like twisting, quickening, wriggling, swirling, and punching generally become a daily occurrence in the middle phases of pregnancy.
Doctors sometimes keep a count of the number of baby kicks to determine everything is fine inside the womb. If your baby’s movement feels uncomfortable and it causes you pain, you should consult your doctor right away.
- Signs Of Healthy And Unhealthy Baby In The Womb
- Baby’s Position in the Mothers Womb after 8 Months
- Baby Not Growing in the Womb How To Deal With It