Are you a lover of classical music? If so, you may want to expose your kids and your babies to classical music. Aside from wanting your kids to have an interest in the kind of music that you as parents love, classical music has been associated with the favorable growth and development of babies. This is why some parents and grandparents even started as early and play classical music for babies even while they are still in the womb.
What are the benefits of classical music on babies?
Studies reveal that classical music has been helpful to babies. Here are some of the benefits.
- Babies who are exposed to soothing, classical music have better memory skills that can help increase babies’ and children’s language skills and development.
- Classical music has calming and soothing effects on babies. A happy and peaceful baby has better growth and development that positively affect the baby’s overall health.
- Classical music promotes better sleep for babies. Well-rested babies have better moods which also lead to a better baby’s overall health.
- A healthy body equates to improved mental health. It releases the feel-good hormones endorphins. Classical music relaxes the brain for better brain development for babies.
- Have you heard of the term “Mozart effect?” This is in reference to Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, a notable Austrian classical musician who is known to be a prolific composer in his time. “Mozart effect” states that exposing your babies into classical music boosts their IQ and helps in babies’ cognitive development. It’s said to be effective not only on babies and children but for college students too.
- It creates mother and baby bonding movement.
- It decreases stress on babies in the Neonatal Intensive Care Units or NICU. It’s a calming factor and helps improve blood oxygen levels and decreased stress.
- Music, especially classical music brings strong emotions. Babies hone their ability to detect moods and emotions that can lead to better emotional intelligence.
Classical music for babies
Doesn’t have any idea on what classical music you can play to your babies? Here are some ideas to start with.
Bedtime Mozart: Classical Lullabies for Babies Album
A recommended album not only for babies but for those who love classical music of all ages. First released in 2011, it includes 34 soothing pieces that can help babies fall asleep and quite babies’ brains to help them focus on what they are listening to and not on what is going on their minds.
Classical Music for Babies
This album was released in 2011 by Classic Home Records. It features 34 classical music pieces that soothe the mind and provides calming effects not only on babies but for grown-ups too.
The mozart effect: music for babies volume 1
Released in 2016 by The Children’s Group, this is classical music for babies CD that contains pieces for better young babies’ learning development. It can also be played on babes in the womb. Check on the product and prompt the Mozart effect on your own babies.
Beethoven for babies
Released in 1998 by Phillips, this collection contains different renditions of Ludvig Van Beethoven’s musical pieces as performed by various artists. This classical music CD leads to better naptime and bedtime on your babies.
Putting the baby to bed
This playlist, which is curated by Amazon’s Music Experts includes 20 tracks of music from different genres performed and rendered into classical versions.
People have an interest in different types and genres of music. It can range from rock, jazz or pop among others. Classical music has been proven to have a great impact on babies’ development. It has been proven to be effective even on older kids and adults as well. It’s time to update your music collection and playlists and includes those that come from Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms or Tchaikovsky.
- Sleep Music And Melodies For Babies
- Uplifting and Inspiring Music Names for Your Babies
- Fanciful and Classical Operatic Baby Names for Your Little One