Being pregnant often means raging hormones, unique cravings, and even a few odd habits. There are also reports of pregnant women experiencing strange dreams as well. You might find yourself having weirdly vivid dreams, it may include arousing sex dreams and more often than not baby-related dreams. One of the most common dream occurrences would be baby gender-related.
You will be lying comfortably on your bed one night until you are jolted awake by a strangely beautiful and vivid dream. Then you start to wonder what it all means, especially when you dreamt of having a baby girl.
Of course, you’re pregnant! It’s natural to be excited for your newborn baby’s gender especially when you’re not that far along yet. But what does being pregnant and dreaming of having a baby girl mean? There will be occasions during your pregnancy where this will be a reoccurring dream.
Scroll down to uncover the hidden meaning of what it means to be pregnant and dreaming of having a baby girl.
Interpreting dreams of a baby girl
If you’re pregnant and dreaming of having a baby girl, it is a positive sign! In most dream interpretations, seeing a baby girl in your dream is an indication of happiness.
Dreaming of having a baby girl is connected to also finding peace in your life. In case you are experiencing stress or anxiety during your pregnancy, you will be constantly looking for peace of mind. Maybe you feel a lack of control in your life and you are dealt with more challenges than you can handle.
Your dream could be a reminder that hardships and challenges are only temporary as you find some peace. Seeing a baby girl in your dreams is a symbolism fo serenity. It can help you navigate your own comfort, relaxation, and peace. Once you wake up after having a dream of a baby girl, you will feel sudden calmness leaving you peaceful and relaxed.
Dreaming of a baby girl means growth and maturity
Other interpretations have also linked being pregnant and dreaming of having a baby girl of how one needs to mature. According to Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud, baby girl dreams are often symbolic of your current state of mind. If in your dream you are holding a baby girl, it could be mean self-awareness and the responsibility you are soon to have as a parent.
Symbolizing a pinnacle moment in your life, where you realize you are now fighting for two lives. It is a reminder of the strength, resiliency, and power you have as a mother.
Dreaming of your baby’s gender
It is quite normal for expecting mothers to dream about the gender of their unborn babies. But what does it all mean?
When you dream of a baby boy, When a pregnant woman dreams of a baby boy, it could mean that there is some part of your life that needs to be nurtured and encouraged. It is a wakeup call to prioritize the most important things in your life right now. Stop putting things aside and actually taking action.
Compared to being pregnant and dreaming of having a baby girl, which conjures up the peace of mind –a baby boy in a dream is more negative. Other interpretations perceive that having a baby boy in a dream can symbolize sorrow, grief, sadness, or difficulty. On a more positive note, dreaming of a baby boy also means the projection of maturity and focus in your life.
Often times, gender-related dreams can also be a predictor of your newborn’s gender. Some sources say that more often than not the gender of your baby in the dream will be the opposite in the real world.
Other common pregnancy dreams
Pregnancy can be weird sometimes –especially in your dreams. Dreams have symbolic reasoning behind them or even the opposite in regards to your current situation. Depending on how you feel about your baby or even how you and your partner are handling the pregnancy, your dreams will resonate with it.
A lot of pregnancy-related dreams have varying interpretations which are linked to the mother’s state of mind or current situation. Other times it can be a predictor of great things to come as you wait for the arrival of your precious baby.
Here are other pregnancy-related dreams to look out for.
1. Dreaming of a crying baby. This is a negative dream interpretation which can be stressful for you during and after the dream. A crying baby is a representation of the disappointments in your life and the desperation to seek happiness in spite of it. It means you feel incomplete as if something is missing for you to truly be happy. This could also be a fear of your capabilities as a mother on taking care of your unborn child.
2. Nursing a baby in your dream. This can represent your excitement and ability to care for a new life. Dreaming of nursing your baby can be an indicator of your mature and adult self ready to take on the responsibility as an expecting mother.
3. Weird dreams can include a dancing baby. If you are pregnant and dreamt of a dancing baby this can suggest the excitement you have for your unborn child. It is an indicator of the future possibilities of your child. The dream symbolizes hopes and ambitions for your child to have a happy life.
4. Dreaming of changing your baby’s diaper. This dream has various interpretations and meanings, it can be the changes your unborn child will bring or the vulnerabilities and insecurities you have as a mother. Some cultures believe that dreaming of changing a baby’s dirty diaper is symbolic of upcoming fortune in the future.
5. A sleeping baby in your dream. Another conflicting dream interpretation, dreaming of a sleeping baby can have a variety of meanings. It could represent the unawareness and uncertainty you have either as a mother or some other aspect of your life at the moment. Other interpretations also say that it is an indicator of great success and progress in your immediate future.